Smart Bro Shareit Misfortunes Part 1


Just a couple of months ago, we had our internet connection changed. From the old fixed-wireless line-of-sight Canopy-style Smart Bro, we changed it to the new Smart Bro Shareit Unlimited 999.


The Long Process of Application...

Even if I was a 3-year subscriber of the old Smart Bro service, I was not eligible to apply Smart Bro Shareit myself simply because I didn't have any income documents which they required. Wow, for 3 years I was always on-time in paying the bills (thanks to my parents and brother's money) yet Smart still required me those documents. So I had to interrupt my mother's busy schedule and asked her to apply for the internet service. She immediately went to Smart Wireless Center at Lim Ket Kai, I think it was October 25, 2009, with all the necessary documents they required. At that time, we received the application form, a promo flyer (free Imation flash drive for new subscribers), and another form I could not clearly remember (I think it was some kind of an agreement that Smart will not be liable for any loss of connection if we access the internet outside the registered service area). Unfortunately, I had to go to Manila to attend a field trip starting October 26.

I returned home October 31, and guess what, our application was still pending. I didn't know what's keeping it long but we were getting impatient. We followed up our application and we kept on waiting.

Sometime after the Halloween, my mother got very impatient and called the Smart sales agent and said that if Smart isn't interested in our application, they should tell us immediately instead of making us wait for nothing. They just said they are working on it and we waited.

I think it was November 5, 2009 that my mother finally had a return call from Smart. Our application had been approved and that we can get our internet router anytime now. Around 1pm that same day, I immediately went to the Smart Wireless Center to get our router. I asked the for the agent/in-charge that called us and I was excited when he came out. To my surprise, he said he needs to have his lunch first, and I can leave the P1,000 fee to him so that he will forward it to the cashier himself for my convenience. Was it they way Smart transacts its business? Of course I did not give the money to him, I wanted to pay to the right person, the cashier. So he said, "Okay, I'll be back." I had a class at 1.25pm so I cant wait for him to finish his lunch. I just said I will come back by 5:30. It was almost 6 that I came back. Too bad, the agent was already off duty. I recognized that I was late, so I just decided to go back the following day.

The next day November 6, morning, I came back. After almost 2 weeks of waiting and waiting and waiting (since October 25), we finally received the Huawei 3G router from the Smart Wireless Center. At last!



More of my Smart Bro Shareit Misfortunes to follow...

0 comments:

Designed by Posicionamiento Web | Bloggerized by GosuBlogger