A Thought on Generic Chinese Phones


On the dawn of cellular phone war, where more and more manufacturers try to outwit, outlast, and outplay their fellow competitors, the cradle of cheap labor now joins this technological competition. If you're wondering, I'm referring to the low-cost Chinese mobile phones that are available in your local cellphone shop.

Last week, my elder brother bought himself one of these generic phones. I am curious myself about how it works and why it so relatively cheap compared to branded mobile phones. Well, let me start on its features. The mobile phone isn't that bad at all with its touch screen feature and MP3 playback capabilities. It also comes with the basic connectivity of Bluetooth and USB, and a CMOS camera, though I'm not sure how many megapixels. I think P5,500 isn't too bad for a price compared to P20,000-25,000 of other brands with practically similar features. Oh, I almost forgot, it has an embedded analog TV and FM, and dual SIM feature. I think the analog TV and dual SIM capabilities separate it from other products available.

Although I'm still not sure on its durability and resistance to common misuse, I think that these generic phones could can be a good substitute for those who don't have much budget. They can still enjoy up-to-date technology without overspending their money. Remember that prices are greatly influenced by production and advertisement costs.




0 comments:

Designed by Posicionamiento Web | Bloggerized by GosuBlogger